About Me, Myself and I

My photo
Cowboy Town, Middle of Nowhere, United States




Older than dirt.
Born in a bayou.
Saved by Grace!
Hooked on chocolate.
Clint Eastwood's stunt double on Rawhide.

4/18/2008

First Roses of Spring

Of all the flowers we have I enjoy the roses the most. It's always fun to watch the process of a rose opening. I didn't think of getting pictures of the three roses until after I had cut them and placed them in water. Unfortunately, all the pictures I took were up close with and without a flash.

The ones on the left were taken with the flash and on the right in direct sun light.















Hope you enjoyed these.

4 comments:

Patrick Jinks said...

Gene, what kind of camera did you shoot these roses with? The ones without flash look great!

pj

Gene said...

We have a Minolta DiMAGE F200 and at the time I was using an image size of 1600x1200 and a quality level of fine while in macro mode.

Ryan A. said...

now you know why i hate on camera flash, the ones without look good dad, nice job.

Ash said...

yeah, wow, look how much more vibrant those look with the natural light, dad! so pretty, I wish I had some roses.